Interested in hosting a Thirty One Party? Contact my friend:

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Importance of Patience

The following quote by HH the Dalai Lama is wonderful! It is something we can all meditate upon.

"The most important benefit of patience consists in the way it acts as a powerful antidote to the affliction of anger - the greatest threat to our inner peace, and therefore our happiness. The mind, or spirit, is not physical, it cannot be touched or harmed directly. Only negative thoughts and emotions can harm it. Therefore, only the corresponding positive quality can protect it." ~H.H. the Dalai Lama

1 comment:

  1. I believe myself to be a very patient person. I can keep my mouth shut and sit quietly. It drives my husband insane. But I didn't always use to be that way. When younger, I was the most impatient person I knew. I guess life taught me to be patient and "smell the roses" so to speak!

    ReplyDelete